Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Forgiveness Letter

I forgive myself for the many times in which I was not able to arrive strongly by my side as my own best friend. I forgive myself for the times when I badly needed support and when I received no help from others, I scrutinized and judged myself instead of accepting and being with myself. I recognize that it is more challenging to love oneself than others at times. In recognizing this and forgiving myself for not being able to self-actualize and advocate, I am letting it go. I recognize that I have learned much in a few years, and it is no longer constructive to carry around the weight of these past hurts. In setting down the bag of these hurts I am individuating from a state of victimization to a state of empowerment.

Anonymous
Oakland, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment